eatenbyagrue

Just got some pictures in today of my new O-360 ECI build on the test stand.

xft2q.jpg

QDlkL.jpg

Dual Pmags being installed...

blO71.jpg

It's been 8 months since I ordered the kit, apparently it took quite some time for ECI to deliver. Looks like I'll have it in the shop soon!

For those of you engine shopping, so far I can recommend working with Western Skyways. They don't come up on the usual lists of RV engine builders, but they provided a great price, have lots of experience and were good to work with while I was getting quotes. If you call em, ask for Eric Barker.

So now the question is how do I store it? They're going to get ready for long term storage per the Lycoming SB. Unfortunately I'm farther behind then I hoped to be and probably have another 18 months of building left (always the optimist.) I figure if it's wrapped in plastic with a couple of pounds of dessicant I should be good. Anything else I need to do?

Pickled

Don't know about "pounds" of desiccant, but once they pickle it, don't turn it over. Use desiccant plugs, regenerate the desiccant when it turns pink, and cover with plastic to keep it clean.

Love that engine!! I almost went yellow with mine, but my draw to red won over all. Seriously great looking engine!

:cool:

Corey,

Most Lycoming cylinders are painted, even from the factory, they are "Lycoming Gray". I supposed if the paint wasn't engine paint, designed for high temps, and allowing heat to transfer, it could present an issue, but most folks do use the proper paint and have no issues. Continental's cylinders are typically not painted, but are alodined or bare metal.