Rhino889

Well Known Member
I have a Mattituck built I0-360 made from superior parts. Honestly it looks like a work of art... except one issue? When I mounted the engine I noticed how amazingly nice everything look, except the fuel pump.:confused:

Brand new shiny engine:

c8c7e206.jpg

Now that I'm running the lines and hoses I cant help but wonder, " Do these things all look like this?"

c784d41f.jpg

cda20992.jpg

08747b21.jpg

Thanks for any insight you might be able to provide.

Scott

Last edited:
That's actually how they're supposed to look...I saw the same wavey piece on mine and wondered about it. It is how they are designed. They should not be over torqued to the point that ring is flush. Check with the A & P's on here or locally for the correct torque on those bolts, but be wary of just looking at something, presuming it's not right and then tightening fasteners without knowing the proper torque. You're right to ask first:D

One other tiny observation...I would suggest plugging any holes or openings into your engine so dust, debris, bugs and metal shavings don't migrate into it. It's stunning how much stuff flys around in the air during a build:eek:

All best and enjoy your new engine...it's a big moment in the build:D

Jeremy Constant

Holes are all plugged. I just snapped the shot right after taking out the plugs and installing the hoses.

Thanks for the replies.

Mahlon (Mattituck) also sent me an email following up on this question. Its just how the fuel pumps are.

I'm glad I asked or I would have just been wondering about the fuel pump sitting on the masterpiece of an engine Mattituck built me.

Just to clarify... Mattituck delivered my engine early, had excellent customer service before and after the purchase. Workmanship is top tier. Can't wait to get it in the air behind a 3 blade catto.