Ben R

Well Known Member
After the engine mount on my '95 model -6 cracked, I ordered a new one from Vans. It is supposed to arrive here in two days. I was told by a Vans employee that a mount for an 0-360 powered RV-7 would fit my 0-320 powered -6 but that an 0-320 RV-7 mount would not fit. I ordered the 0-360 RV-7 mount with new gear legs and I'm hoping that everything will fit fine. I have heard that new mounts sometimes don't line up exactly on an older model. I tried to have it repaired for this reason but all of the repair shops I spoke with suggested a new purchase due to the damage. Has anyone else had to replace their mount on an older -6? Just a little anxious I guess...I'm going through withdrawals :)

Kosola

Ben, over in Albany, Ga. is a company that specializes in repair and fabrication of motor mounts...Kosola and associates, not far from you.

Best,

Ben, over in Albany, Ga. is a company that specializes in repair and fabrication of motor mounts...Kosola and associates, not far from you.

Best,

Hi Pierre,

I talked with Kosola right after the accident. After looking at my pictures, they said they couldn't repair it either. I'm hoping the new mount is the one I'm looking for. I should know by the end of the week either way.

BTW, are you coming to SERFI Fly-In in Evergreen, AL Oct 21st-23rd?

Ben