cjensen

Well Known Member
These pictures are rather large from the Eggenfellner website, but they show some nice detail of the Gen 3 drive.

000_0006.jpg

000_0007.jpg

Here are the three generations of reduction drives that the factory has produced.

000_0014.jpg

The Gen 3 is 2.02:1.

To see the pics in smaller format, check out the Eggenfellner news page here

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Who will do the testing

Are they going to test it before release and the data from the testing? Or will the customers be the test pilots? I think 500 hours of testing is reasonable.

It's been in testing for quite some time now. I don't know the hours they've put on it, but it is being tested.

Glenn, you know as well as I do that the customer/builder/pilot of any amature built airplane is every bit of a test pilot as the next... :)

Here's the link to the performance page on Eggenfellner's website with info on the numbers with the 2.02 redrive.

Aerobatic?

CJensen, can a -7 do aerobatics with this combo? Same restrictions as the Lyco with +G maneuvers?

Thanks

Shawn

Yep, positive only. There are some other things to consider if doing aerobatics with this combo, but it can be done safely.

cjensen said:
It's been in testing for quite some time now. I don't know the hours they've put on it, but it is being tested.

Glenn, you know as well as I do that the customer/builder/pilot of any amature built airplane is every bit of a test pilot as the next... :)

Here's the link to the performance page on Eggenfellner's website with info on the numbers with the 2.02 redrive.

Chad, Darwin made me ask.
:D :D :D

The flange appears to be an investment-casting. I think I would want a one-piece steel forging of the flange and final drive shaft if I were using a re-drive.