togaflyer

Well Known Member
I updated my charts, then when for a flight the other day. As I neared the runway, the Touch system called out “entering runway 16/34”. This was a first. The only thing I have done recently was installed the latest chart info. Did Garmin add something in the software or chart downloads. Good idea but just unusual it suddenly started doing it.

Your G3X system does not produce any audio alert like this; perhaps you have a tablet in the cockpit?

I updated my charts, then when for a flight the other day. As I neared the runway, the Touch system called out “entering runway 16/34”. This was a first. The only thing I have done recently was installed the latest chart info. Did Garmin add something in the software or chart downloads. Good idea but just unusual it suddenly started doing it.
If you have Foreflight with audio connected to your system the advisory could be coming from it. As far as I know the G3X will not give you that advisory.

I’ll pile on - I get that when I fly the little jet with an MGL (whose audio isn’t connected to anything)- the voice comes from Foreflight on my iPad mini that is Bluetoothed to the radio/intercom…. No Garmin involved at all.