sbw3

I'm New Here
Hello from another new builder. As an introduction, I am a "mostly retired" former military, former consultant, nearly-former defense contractor living in Omaha,Nebraska. I began thinking about building an RV in 2009. Took the EAA Sheet Metal 101 class in 2011 at Oshkosh, visited the Van's tent, thought some more, decided on an RV-7A, then ordered plans. Thought about it even more--about two years more... Finally committed.
Received empennage kit recently. Took a builders' class with my wife/co-builder in late September and have been resurrecting a tumbledown garage to turn into a workshop ever since--necessary if we are to work during a Nebraska winter.
We have followed this site off and on for awhile, always impressed by the civility and helpfulness found here. Became dues-paid-up newbys in the late summer, and "listened" as we learned more. We promise not to inundate the forum with too many of the same old "new guy" questions--unless we can't find answers on the archive pages!
Thanks to dr for providing this exceptional tool. Thanks to all of you for the insight you provided as we worked through our decision-to-build phase, and thanks in advance for the advice and assistance as we move forward.
Sincerely,
Stephen and Candy Webb

Hello from another new builder.

snip...

Thanks to all of you for the insight you provided as we worked through our decision-to-build phase, and thanks in advance for the advice and assistance as we move forward.
Sincerely,
Stephen and Candy Webb

You are welcome :) Totally welcome here I mean Stephen and Candy! And please ask any questions sometimes it's difficult to find direct answer from the archives.

Welcome, Stephen and Candy! If you want to stop by some time and take a look at my partially completed RV7 (or buy it, for that matter, it's for sale) let me know. I'm out near 168th & Center. There are other RVs in progress in the area too.

Also -- if you haven't made an EAA Chapter 80 meeting yet, you should! Great group of people. www.eaa80.org for more info and meeting schedule.

Last edited:
Welcome! Archives are good, but ask if you can't find what you're looking for. Someone may answer it or point you to a particular thread.

Bevan

Great group of builders & flyers here locally! There are a few projects locally to see and many that have finished planes with sound advice. I'm building a -10 (second one) but most Vans aircraft have a lot in common. I don't often make the Chapter meetings anymore but you're welcome to stop by if you'd like. I'll PM you with contact info.

Bob

welcome

Welcome Mr. & Mrs. Webb.
+1 if you need an answer, feel free to post it. Someone will answer and a newby later will benefit from it.

Welcome to VAF!

Stephen and Candy,
welcome.gif
to the good ship VAF!!

I was waiting to see how long it would take Mike Starkey to chime in... :D

Welcome Steve & Candy!

To anyone interested . . . I have a nice RV Wing Cart on casters . . . I will give to anyone who can pick it up in the next week or so. I live in SE Iowa.

Good luck with you projects!

Bob Christensen
RV-8 N83RC - Flying