Flybuddy2

Well Known Member
I'm in the process of ordering an RV7A QB kit. Suggestions appreciated on what options to get. I've flown both the sliding canopy and tip up and prefer the tip up. Are there any down sides to the tip-up? Is the electric elevator trim worth getting? What about aileron trim? Got a neighbor with a 9 that I fly and his seems to always need some left (manual) aileron trim, another neighbor building a 7 with no trim at all. I've got electric trim in my current plane (a Velocity) for both aileron and elevator and it is convenient. Any other issues or suggestions I should be aware of before ordering?? thx Tom

I have almost 70 hours on my 7A

and am very happy with the electric elevator trim. Manual aileron trim works good when needed for fuel imbalance. Electric would be fine too.

I have and would seriously consider grove main wheels and upgraded brakes. Much better brakes with no fade under occasional hard use. The Grove nose wheel is really nice, but the Matco axle mod seems sufficient to get the proper bearing preload which is important on the nose gear (this is what I have).

I really like my slider for taxi comfort in 100 degree PLUS temps. In the air, the visibility on the tip up is much better. It is important to get a good seal on the forward edge. In really cold air, my friends tip up lets quite a breeze in.

Good luck. No matter what you're choices, you're gonna love it!:D