g zero

Well Known Member
just bought a tail kit (not started)from a forum member.How does Vans handle this and the rest of the kits.I thought they would not sell you any kits until you purchased a tail? Looking foward to start construction soon.(8 TW)

Van's Used Kit Info

See the .pdf file at:
http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/usedrvkit.pdf

The most important thing (assuming the kit is complete) is to get the builder's number, address, etc. so you can transfer the number. You'll need that to order subsequent kits and get the final bill of sale from Van's.

Congratulations and good luck!

Mike

If I remember correctly, Van's also has a type of hold harmless you need to sign.
Best of luck and welcome!
Steve 81604 (8 fuse)

Used Kits

I purchased the tail kit from VANS and then bought the fuse and wing kits (both not started) from forum members (thanks guys!). In both cases, everything was in perfect condition. You will need to get a signed bill of sale from the original owner that shows their name and builder number, the date you purchased it, and the condition of the kit (i.e. "used kit, inventoried, but no assembly started" or something similar). Fax a copy to Vans requesting that it be transferred to your builder number (which they will have to establish if this is the first item you have purchased). The only area where this hurts you that I am aware of is Vans only sells their OEM engines to people who purchase all of the kits directly from them. However, very few people actually take advantage of that deal as most purchase engines from other sources. Good luck and welcome to the ride of a lifetime!