CNEJR

Well Known Member
Well today I turned 61. Hardly seems possible, but hey I feel good.

For my 60th Birthday, we test flew my 6.
For my 61st Birthday, I soloed my 6 this year.

I am going to add two items to my bucket list for this year. I hope I get them done.

1. Pass my check ride and get my PPL.

2. I want to fly/ride in a P-51 Mustang and roll it. (Sounds nuts, but I'm going to get it done.) I guess this has always been on my list, but now seems possible. I have the most beautiful old picture of my dad taxiing one in WWII. I just have to know how that feels. Wish me luck.

Congrats and good luck!!! I turned 60 last December. No big deal as I still feel a lot younger. But when I got the birthday card from my Mom that said 60 on it, I did get a wierd feeling for a moment. I guess being above room temperature and on the right side of the grass is a good thing.

Roberta:p

Happy birthday and congratulations on the recent accomplishments! Nice set of goals for the coming year too. Git 'er done!

P51 ride

At KFFC we have a CAF group that gives rides in a P-51, SBD, PT-26,L-16,T-6,C-45 etc. for a donation.

Congrats Chuck and Happy Birthday! Are you going to Sun-n-Fun?

Todd, Don't think I'm going to make SnF, but who knows? I am going to go to Oshkosh. I think Bill Gipson is flying down to SnF in his 10. Think everything is going pretty well with it.

Bucket List is a good thing

Hope all your bucket list wishes come true Chuck! Flying a P-51 would be awesome. I'm there with you on this one.

Enjoy your birthday...see you around the airport....old man.:)

Happy Birthday Chuck!

Sounds like you had a great day! Keep the right side up...after rolling a few times that is!!!

How about flying you 6 in a SARL Air Race

Congratulations young man. You should give a thought to flying your 6 in a cross country air race. You don't have to win to feel the thrill of competition. There are now three classes for RVs: RV Red for 320s, RV Blue for 360s and RV Gold for larger engines. Check www.sportairrace.org calendar of events - many are in Texas:

10 April, 2010
Taylor 150 Air Race
Taylor, TX
(T74)

24 April, 2010
Texoma 100 Air Race
Sherman, TX
(GYI)

1 May, 2010
BCAF & Air Race
Abilene, TX
(Dyess AFB)

5 June, 2010
West Texas 100 Air Race
Plainview, TX
(PVW)

10 July, 2010
Delaware 150
Toughkenamon, PA
(N57)

24 July, 2010
Air Venture Cup
Mitchell, SD
(MHE)

7 August, 2010
Ozarks Air Race
Eureka Springs, AR
(4M1)

28 August, 2010
The Great Canadian Air Rally
St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada
(CYQS)

25 September, 2010
Pagosa Springs 100 Air Race
Pagosa Springs, CO
(PSO)

2 October, 2010
Grace Flight Air Race
Sherman, TX
(GYI)

16 October, 2010
Memphis 100 Air Race
Memphis, TN
(M01)

30 October, 2010
TVARIII and Pumpkin Dash
Courtland, AL
(9A4)

20 November, 2010
Rocket 100 Air Race
Taylor, TX
(T74)

Bob Axsom

Bob, I have raced Motor cycles, street rods, MX, Sailboats and RC Pylon. I have never felt more "rush" than doing this. Especically RC Pylon, nothing like standing on the line with four other flyers, engines doing about 20k on a ground start. Race is over in about 1 minute on ten laps. Very intense.

Airplane racing can't be far behind, just give me a little time, I am pretty competitive in spirit, just have a lot to learn.