AveoUSAB2

Thanks for your patients! They have been a long time coming and more AveoEngineering products are on the way! These are the most technically advanced lights available anywhere! No Flash modules (no RF noise in your head set) all anti-collision and Navigation Lites are only 250 milliamp of power draw per unit at 14VDC. (in actuality the two wing tips combined draw at 14VDC is 250 milliamp the Tail and Beacon are 250 milliamp a piece)This means less copper (only 18AWG is necessary.) Normal Nav/Anti-collision lights draw between 5 to 6 amps each. Each Light weighs in at less than 1lb each. (Think of the weight savings) These have already been installed on the new CT SLSA! Check them out on our website at http://www.aveousa.net

The AveoDigitalFlightDeck products are in final testing and should be ready sometime close to the end of the 2nd quarter or the beginning of the 3rd quarter of this year!

We appreciate you support as we get these Great products into the market place

Thanks Bruce and Brian AveoUSA

Last edited:
pretty steep

No doubt a great product, but $885 for the kit is pretty steep.

What is in the set?

It's hard to tell from the Web site:

- The two wing units have a red light (left wing) and green light (right wing), and each one has a white realistically strobe? Does each one also include the white "tail" light?

- The tail unit has a white light and a white strobe? And a red strobe? Is it intended for the tip of the vertical tail, or the aft-facing light on the rudder?

I'm interested, but I don't quite understand what you're offering. Also, for that much money, I'd like to see test data that shows they meet the spatial light distribution requirements of FAR Part 23. I know they're not certificated to Part 23, but I want to know that I'm getting as much light.

No doubt a great product, but $885 for the kit is pretty steep.

The two light set which exceeds FAA and JAR standards for Nav/anti-collision and the white rear lighting requirements (as long as you don't encase them in your wing tip) for your aircraft. A number of Vans guys (because they are encasing these lights in the wing tip) are installing the standard white incandescent light on the tail and using our two light set for the wing tips! Two Light sets sell for $535 US plus shipping. NO ONE can touch this technology for this price. Remember each lite weighs 5.8 ounces and requires only 250 milliamp power at 14VDC for both wing tip lights. All AveoFlash Aircraft lights are self contained. Just run your 18AWG Stranded wire from your panel switch to the wing tip. No Flash module means less weight and no RF noise, as is the common problem with other manufactures. Hope this helps! Thanks Bruce and Brian Aveousa

Last edited:
AveoFlash Aircraft Lights

Thanks for your interest Mgomez,

The Tail combination white and Anti-collision light (flashing Red) and Beacon (flashing RED/RED) dimensions are posted on our website, here is the URL: http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-62481560614519_1993_1307220

Check these dimensions to see if they meet the requirements for your aircraft application. These can me mounted anywhere you choose, the application is strictly your call.

The wing lights contain the steady Red (port side) and the steady Green (starboard side) as well as the steady White from the rear for both port and starboard lights. In addition an array (through the use of our patented Flexible PC boards) of white Anti-collision High Candela LED's Flash at a fixed rate (much brighter than Standard strobes) The Flash rate can be brought in sync to the port light by connecting the single blue wire from each light together or you can pigtail these to allow them to flash at different rates. To see a video of these lights in operation go to: http://www.aveoengineering.com/products/aircraft-airport-lights/index.php

The weight savings, power savings (some 8 amps of power saved)virtually eliminating the need for re-lamping and the lack of a Flash module (another 4 to 5 lbs weight savings)and NO RF NOISE make the price seem small compared to any other product out there. Not to mention that this self-contained technology does not exist anywhere else.

We appreciate your apprehension at our new products. However AveoEngineering (Christian Neilsen and X USNAVY F-14 Tomcat driver with the biggest Engineering company in Eastern Europe) has designed these lights to Military specifications, this is why we can make the claim that they exceed the JAR and FAA standards. These same lights (unchanged) are going through the certification process now through BAE Aerospace in Great Britain, as soon as that test data is available, we will post that on our aveousa.net or aveoengineering.com websites. This will allow these same lights to be installed on your part 23 aircraft. Of-course the certified versions will cost more due to the certification process. Even though the lights will be the same ones you can buy now in the uncertified version.

Under both the Experimental category and the Light Sport Category you (as you know) are not required to put certified products on your aircraft, i.e. no 337 forms are required for installation. In fact you could go to any hardware store and put whatever you want on your Experimental aircraft and go fly! For your comfort level go to the picture on our website :http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-62481560614519_1998_0
The folks at CT are not going to put our product on their aircraft, if it did not meet both FAA and JAR (European) standards. Also as an Electrical Control systems Engineer for Petrochemical and Heavy Industrial applications, these lights meet hazardous location standards as they are completely encased in Resin meeting Class 1 Group C & D Division 2. You can beat on these lights with a hammer and virtually see no damage.

We have sold this product to a number of Vans builders as well as a cozy builder and this is just the first 3 days that the product is available. Thanks for your interest in the AveoFlash Aircraft Lights.

These lights come with a full two year warranty, if they fail we will replace them. We are not just the distributor for these products, we have built 3 home built aircraft ourselves and are long time pilots (since 1966) and members of EAA Chapter 1300 (we started this one) and EAA Chapter 163 in Las Vegas. Please feel free to contact us by phone if you have any further questions. Thanks Bruce and Brian AveoUSA

Last edited:
Link to tail light dimensions

I would also like to see the dimensions of your tail light. The link in your post doesn't seem to work however.

Thanks!

Aveo Flash Tail Strobe / Beacon

I found some of your online literature about these lights but I have a few questions:

- It looks like the white/red combo tail strobe beacon is designed to mount to the top of the vertical stabilizer rather than to the aft end of the rudder (the normal place on an RV) with the white facing aft. Is this correct?

- Also, how does the light function? Is the white end on continuously at a lower intensity and then brighten up to "strobe"?

- What is the red end doing?

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here about collision lighting standards but I'm not sure I see how this light would solve the requirement for the rear position / strobe light on an RV with enclosed wingtip lights.

Thanks!

AveoFlash Lights on RV aircraft

The AveoFlash light applications and installation are strictly the responsibility of the End user. We cannot determine the suitability of this product for any specific homebuilt aircraft. However, we are aware of the fact that the RV users typically install their wingtip lights enclosed in the wingtip, So, because of your particular application you would need to install an additional white light on the tail. to match your application. Your correct the AveoFlash Tail light is designed to mount on the vertical stab and meets JAR and FAA standards for that application. All of our RV folks are purchasing only the AveoFlash two light sets for their aircraft, and utilizing the standard white tail lights.

Here is the link to the dimensional drawing on our website.
http://www.aveousa.net/avdidr.html

Has anybody used AVEO lights in their RV?

Wanted to ask if anybody has used the combined Aveo LED NAV/Strobes on their RV and found this thread. Since the last post here some time has gone by and so I was wondering if people have used these and what their experience has been.

The URL for the lights is: http://www.aveousa.net/avsetoftwona.html

Thanks!
Andre

Has anyone installed the aveoflash nav/strobe lights? Looks like a good idea, wondered how they work in the real world.

I bought the nav/strobe light combination a while ago. They are not cheap but the strobe leds are amazing; I believe they are as bright as or brighter than the high voltage strobes. Aveo released a tail light/strobe as well a while ago.

AK

Has anyone installed the aveoflash nav/strobe lights? Looks like a good idea, wondered how they work in the real world.

Any signs of RF interference?

Do you hear the strobes or nav lights in the VHF radio? Or the VOR?