The non-S CPU is that in those older models that don't support synthetic vision. Not exactly sure when the S-models started shipping, but it's prob'ly fair to say if yours is older than 4-6 months it's a non-S model (like mine :()

Thanks for the info, and yes; I bought mine back in 2006 (I think), so it's no doubt a non-S CPU...

It's been giving me superb performance and durability so far, so I think I skip the upgrade option.
Better to save the $'s so I can buy the 4500 for my second -7 later this year...;)

By the way: Rob and his crew have been giving me GREAT customer support so far, so it's no doubt that I'll stick with them for the next EFIS...:)

Last edited:
.04 software now up on AFS.

I found a bug that would affect IFR pilots and Rob and Ken fixed it quickly and put a new build up on the website. If you fly IFR, I recommend getting the update as it was just put up there on Friday. Rob and teams reponse to issues has been fantastic as usual. What these things can do is really impressive at this point and in my view make RV's very capable IFR machines. Great job Rob and team.

H.

Thanks for the info, and yes; I bought mine back in 2006 (I think), so it's no doubt a non-S CPU...

It's been giving me superb performance and durability so far, so I think I skip the upgrade option.
Better to save the $'s so I can buy the 4500 for my second -7 later this year...;)

By the way: Rob and his crew have been giving me GREAT customer support so far, so it's no doubt that I'll stick with them for the next EFIS...:)

you have done the software upgrade though, right?

I have found Rob and his team to be hugely responsive and thoughtful, as well as extremely considerate of recommended changes. I wish they had been around years ago with these great products. I'm very confident that with the attitude and openness that they are demonstrating they should continue to be leaders in this area and hopefully around for a very long time! I nthe very short time I have been flying my new RV-10 and working with them, I am seeing them make changes that should rival any of the certified stuff in short order. It's really pretty exciting. And we are SO lucky that Rob and his team are actually RV fliers, too!

Vic

yep...

Danny: yes, the software update is done.

What I meant with skipping the upgrade, was skipping the option of changing my CPU with a faster one. I'm happy with the one I have.... for now that is...;)

Guess I could've used better english words.... and I second Vic's words too!