yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
The new version of Advisory Circular 20-27 sent out by EAA and AOPA suggests sending in the registration request 60-120 days before requesting certification. The required paperwork includes a "signed bill of sale from the kit manufacturer" and a couple of forms that it looks like we need from Vans but can't get until we purchase the last kit-- engine for me.
Can someone explain pretty specifically just what they sent in with the registration request/ I hope it takes less than 120 days to install the engine once i get it.

THANKS

Wayne 120241

Registration

bill of sale, $5, cert of ownership (88a)...all except the money come from Vans after you sign a statement that you built it exactly to plans and bought it all from Vans. Don't worry about the time...they're fast...mine was two weeks. Be sure to send it UPS or FEDex.

one more thing

sorry...you also need to pick up a certificate request from your local FSDO...they are not online...must be picked up in person.

Pick Up a Certificate Request?

For me that would be a 360-mile round trip through Denver metro traffic and a total of six mountain passes. Can't it just be mailed for 44-cents?

8050-1

It's the 8050-1 you need to get from the FSDO. Just call them and they will mail you a few. I called when I needed one to register my RV4 and six arrived in two days USPS. They are a 3 part form which is why you cannot just print them out.

For me that would be a 360-mile round trip through Denver metro traffic and a total of six mountain passes. Can't it just be mailed for 44-cents?
John, if you can't get them to mail it to you, let me know, and I'll drive up to the Denver FSDO , and pick up a couple and mail them to you. It's not that far from my house, and I've got to get one for myself, anyway. Steve

Steve,

Don't make a special trip to the FSDO but when you do go in I would appreciate one or two forms (one to mess up, one to use!) and I thank you

The mailing address is:

John Fasching
11325 Hidden Hills Dr.
Salida, CO 81201

bill of sale, $5, cert of ownership (88a)...all except the money come from Vans after you sign a statement that you built it exactly to plans and bought it all from Vans. Don't worry about the time...they're fast...mine was two weeks. Be sure to send it UPS or FEDex.

I dont understand the mention of having to buy "it all from Vans". Does this only apply to the RV-12 kit? What if you happen to be building another model and bought someone elses kit...didnt purchase it yourself directly from Vans? Are there seperate hurdles for going this route?

Mike

I dont understand the mention of having to buy "it all from Vans". Does this only apply to the RV-12 kit? What if you happen to be building another model and bought someone elses kit...didnt purchase it yourself directly from Vans? Are there separate hurdles for going this route?

Mike

Only pertains to an RV-12 kit being built to be certificated as an Experimental LSA.

Reserved N number question

I am filling out my RV-12 FAA registration paperwork. I have an N-number reserved. Do I put my reserved N-number on the first line of the AC Form 8050-1, the AC Form 8050-2 (Aircraft Bill Of Sale), and the AC Form 8050-88A (Affidavit Of Ownership)? Do I need to include a copy of the "Confirmation Of Reservation of United States Registration Number" with my submittal?

Thanks,
Bob Kibby "N712BK" reserved

Yes, enter your reserved N-number. Don't know if they would like to see the reservation, but, I included a copy.

Bob

Bob, I did the same as Marty....just included a copy of my reservation...had it back in two weeks. You can also go on line and see it before you get it in the mail...FAA website.