Hi,

I just bought an RV-4 in the Austin area, and would like to find someone experienced in RV pre-buy inspections. I would also like to do some training with an CFI who has RV experience. If anyone knows of someone near Austin, please let me know..

Pre-buy and CFI

Chuck Wilson and Jeff Hansen at Hotel Whiskey Aviation at T31 have built two -4's and a -10. They offer annual condition inspections and do maintenance on many of the local RVs. Contact Chuck at 972-896-7852 (cell) or 972-347-2781 (shop). e-mail [email protected].

I had my pre-buy done at T-31. The seller flew the aircraft from Mountain Home Idaho, so your seller would probably be willing to fly it from Austin to T-31. Perhaps you could persuade Chuck and Jeff to fly to Austin in their RV-4's. (Any excuse to go flying.)

I highly recommend getting someone that has plenty of experience with the Standard Build RV Kits preferably with RV-4 experience.

Ditto Chuck & Jeff

They completely rebuilt my -4 also. They know their stuff. Both are AA Captains & have day jobs. Also, Mel Asberry & Smokey Ray will travel.
Good luck,