tectweaker

Well Known Member
Looking to get checked out in a RV-4. Potentially looking to buy either a RV4 or RV3.

Curious - What path people recommend?

Is there anybody who can provide instruction in a 4 or is that not possible?

I already have a tail dragger endorsement and recency in the likes of a citabria.

Talk to Mike Seager, [email protected]. He's a short hop away from Bay Area, in Vernonia, Oregon and he's great. I paid $160 for round trip SJC-PDX on Alaska. Well worth the expense.

If you are current and capable in a Citabria, you won't have any trouble flying a -4. Your insurance may require some general "RV" time. I'd find someone with a short wing RV and just buy them a bunch of gas to let you fly their plane (-6, -7, -8 or -4). I am at SQL but have a -9. I would be happy to do some flying. Depending on your skill it may or may not make much difference.

Thanks guys.

I think just a ride would be great in a rv to learn some tips.

I am fairly current in the citabria and also have been flying a extra 200 to get more comfortable. Will pm apkp777. Any contacts at LVK would be great as well.

Plus one for Mike Seager

I got checked out with Mike Seager in an RV7 tail dragger earlier this month. Mike is an amazing instructor with a very cool facility off a grass field in the beautiful town of Veronia Oregon. I am trying to find an RV8 to buy and Mike helped take a lot of the mystery out of it for me by answering many of my questions regarding options.

I found the RV7 TD easier to land/fly then the Citarbia's I've flown.

Charlie