N62XS

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of an avionics shop, perferably in the SE US, that can complete this task, this week?

Thanks,
Robby Knox

Q?

Which part updated, the internal firmware, or the jeppesen database? The later is available from jepp and is an owner upgrade option. Will cost money, but you can do the update. The former will require an avionics shop, there are many in the SE. www.gaavionics.com should be able to do, there are others as well. Actually, any large airport with a Garmin service center on site can do the former.

The MX20 db can be done by Stark Avionics for sure.
You could do it yourself if you have the jep loader kit which does the chips for the MX20, 430.530 etc.
I think I paid $150 for the do it yourself kit which I have used a couple times on the 430's.

Dont know anything about the 60 unit.
Best,

Part #s etc.

All I can find is a "Skybound adapter" It does not list a MX-20 or a SL-60 as an option. When I search Jeppesen for MX-20 or SL-60, nothing is found. Any assistance is appreciated.

Ah ha

MX-20, I'm pretty sure is done thru jeppesen, so I'd call them.... The SL-60 is a bit harder... it's not approach certified, so I suspect it's not handled by Jepp. I'd give garmin a call tomorrow. They have been pretty good with help each time I've talked with them.

Hard Knox said:
All I can find is a "Skybound adapter" It does not list a MX-20 or a SL-60 as an option. When I search Jeppesen for MX-20 or SL-60, nothing is found. Any assistance is appreciated.

Note sure why you're having trouble, here is one of the first hits that popped up for me.

I've gone through this. If you want a year's subscriptions, you need to contact Jeppesen through the phone, and they have it available. There is a special price if you do the MX20/GX60 together, but I do know that seperately the GX60 costs $355 for a year. If you are looking for a one-time update, contact Garmin AT directly and tell them you need a one-time update for your GX60/MX20 combo, it should cost around $170 I believe, they mail you a new card, and you mail back your old ones. If you don't have the CURRENT SOFTWARE (not database) with you GX60 (Version 3.4 I believe) then there is a AD to update it to the new one and that should make it free for that update. When we contacted Garmin for an update in January, they sales person convinced us to wait a couple months, because they are working on a software update for the MX20 which should finish with FAA approval soon. So we will probably wait until our annual is due (end of March).

Contact for Garmin AT Sales is :

(800) 525 6726

Gx60?

Pretty sure he said sl-60, that's a whole different animal than a gx60...GX60 is approach certified so it has an updating database, sl-60 isn't as best as I can tell.

MX20 has been pretty well noted

Thanks

After calling quite a few small and large avionics shops in the SE, I finally received a return call from GarminAT. For $300, i get a new MX-20 card, a SL60 connection kit and a database upgrade. $14 for two day shipping. Jeppesen has the database for $170, but you have to get you won card writer from the open market. Turned out to be easy after GarminAT called back.

Thanks,

Robby