fabricflyer

Well Known Member
Can anyone give me the thickness of the Dynon SV-BAT-320 backup battery? I've got the footprint dimensions but haven't bought the actual battery yet and would like to make sure it will have plenty of clearance where I want to put it.
Allen RV7A

All in the guide

All the dimensions of all the modules are in the SkyView System Installation Guide. Page 2-6, of the System Planning chapter.

To save you the hassle, it is this:

3.30? W x 2.10? H x 3.90? D (84mm W x 53mm H x 99mm D)

So, 2.10"

Thanks Chuck, I had the old install guide and the dimensions were on page 2.2 not 2.6. However that opens up a new can of worms, those dimensions still don't jive with the footprint on page 9.2 which show it as a 3.874" X 3.118" footprint. So which is it?

Allen RV7A

Battery location

Regardless of the EXACT dimensions, batteries are a consumable item and need to be replaced at one time or another. If Dynon changes their footprint or dimensions slightly in a couple years, you don't want a tight fit.

You have probably already thought of this, but I wanted to put it out there.

The mounting template on 9-2 is correct for all those dimensions.

Page 2-6 is a planning guide. Since the battery is not rectangular, the dimensions on 2-6 are a bit of a rounded up estimate. It does appear we rounded the 3.118" to 3.30" instead of 3.20". Not sure if that's a typo or if we had a reason.

The 2.1" is correct, I just checked it with a caliper, as well as the 9-2 dimensions.