Brantel

Well Known Member
Hey guys,

Anyone flying anywhere near MOR (Morristown,TN home of Evelyn Johnson, about 20 flight minutes from TYS Knoxville, TN) anytime soon.

It has occured to me that I should feel like a dummy for building an RV when the fact is that I have never seen a real flying one in person!

I would like to see a flying RV for some inspiration! And maybe I could talk you into a ride :rolleyes: . I am not small :eek: so it would have to be a 6,7,8,10.....

If so, please let me know..

Thanks!

Last edited:
Brian,
Thats rediculas. Not even seen a flying one? You need to get out more.
DO you have access to a plane?
Can you get to KLZU NE of Atlanta? Not a far trip.
I have keys to a half dozen RV's on my ramp. I recommend the 8 would be the best choice for a big guy. We are haveing a 'Post Osh Bash" at out EAA chapter this Saturday with lots of planes, videos, food, and ride hopping. Find a way to get your butt down here and Ill give you tours of lots of RV's and promise a ride in the Super 8.
But you have to put some skin in the game and get here car or air. Its not that far.
BEst,

'Post Osh Bash'

Mike,

Thanks for the invite. I may try to pull some strings to get down there.

What are the hours of the get together?

The problem is, there just ain't no RVs here in my area that I am aware of other that the ones Paul Bennett and I are building....

Thanks,

Go.Go.Go

Brian...Definitely do whatever you have to do so that you can attend. (Beg, Borrow, Steal) A ride in a Super 8! I?m in Little Rock and it makes me want to attend.

It?s folks like Kahuna with their very generous offers to share aviation that drew me to the RV crowd. Actually our very own Doug Reeves offered me a ride in Flash one afternoon after he had already cleaned her up and was putting her to bed. It sure made the difference for me and I haven't thought of anything else since that flight.

It?s not just the aircraft itself but the people generally found in the RV community. I can?t wait to finish my 8 so I can start offering rides and taking some of the trips!

I promise if you go and see the planes as well as get a ride you won?t be needing inspiration??.you might need a depressant to bring you back down low enough to work on your plane.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys!

I want to thank Mike Stewart for his invitation to his chapter's field/bash Saturday. He was a great host and showed me a 4, couple of 6's, a 7A in progress and of course the Super 8.

I even met another builder Scott Will. He is in the finishing stages of his 7A. Got to help him bleed brakes and hang his prop! Hope that nose is ok Scott! :eek: Scott was a super guy to meet as well. He was working like mad in order to get his plane in the air.

Although the weather was really poor, just getting to see the Super 8 with the cowl off was way cool. That thing is a beautiful beast!

I even got to view a couple of Sukios and an Extra 300 while there.

Thanks Brian... glad you found the trip south worthwhile! Sorry I had to leave - dinner with the inlaws. Sorry the weather didn't break. It was a nice break for us, though, working in the steaming T-hangars. 80 degrees beats 110+ degrees anyday. You'll have to fly on down when yours is in the air!

Brantel said:
Although the weather was really poor, just getting to see the Super 8 with the cowl off was way cool. That thing is a beautiful beast!
Man I hate that we could not fly due to poor weather. But you did get to see lots of flying RV's AND hang a prop. Not too shabby for a days work.

Come back anytime.
Best