VETE76

Well Known Member
stein air says the seatbelt cables are possibly screwing up my skyview. what can i substitute them with in non magnetic? plane is flying now so i really dont want to relocate the ADAHRS .

Where?

My ADAHRS are mounted on angles from the longerons just aft of the baggage. They are mounted side-by-side, similar to the picture from KRviator, about halfway between the two bulkheads. I used stainless screws. Don't have any problem with compass calibration. Where are yours mounted?

Last edited:
Funny you brought this up...I was just at West Marine today trying to locate stainless cables that are not so "ferrous". The Van's cable are very "magnetic". I figured that maybe a different stainless cable might be more non-ferrous. No luck. They seemed better, but the magnet I brought along with me stuck on to them quite well. I left the store wondering what to do.

I too recently made ADAHRS supports out of angle that span between the longerons behind the baggage area. I am only in the build phase and do not know if the belt cable will be an actual problem. I was only trying to prevent future headaches if I could locate some non-ferrous SS cables. I may try to stack my dual ADAHRS to give me a little more space, but this would only increase the distance to the shoulder cable to about 9 inches.

Dave,
are yours stacked?

any other suggestions on finding non-ferrous cable?

Cheers
Chad

That's where I've got my ADAHRS and I've measured 3* difference from "no cable" to "cable draped over the ADAHRS".

Given it is still around 8-10" away in normal operation - ie when you're wearing it - it isn't a problem for me. YMMV though. Bear in mind the Dynon can compensate, within reason, for static magnetic fields, so even if your cables are causing a bit of an issue, if you can have them held in the same position each flight with an occy strap or something, that may prove a viable workaround.

Aligning the ADAHRS and testing magnetic interference.

Last edited: