cccjbr6

Well Known Member
I am about to take the plunge and buy my first homebuilt, a used RV 6 or 7. Can anyone recommend someone in the Tulsa, Joplin, Fayetteville AR area to do a prebuy, and give me an idea what a prebuy should cost? Also, can anyone recommend a good source for insurance?
Thanks in advance!

Insurance

nationair_banner.jpg

NationAir advertises here on VAF and has been my insurance company for over 10 years. I have been unable to find anyone that gives better service or a better price.

The EAA program is through Falcon. I've been happy with it and my premium has decreased by around $200 each of the last two years.

Erich

+1 Nation Air

nationair_banner.jpg

NationAir advertises here on VAF and has been my insurance company for over 10 years. I have been unable to find anyone that gives better service or a better price.

Jenny Estes and Jennifer Cummins are the experts. Customer service is their middle name.

I talked with Pat Costello of Costello Ins at the SSA conference in Reno recently about a similar kind of question. He suggested use two brokers if in doubt and that would result in a higher chance that every possilbe carrier has been considered (not all agents write for all carriers, he said). If a quote is blocked, so be it, but on the other hand you are likely to get a more thorough search for coverage on your behalf.
Just passing on what I was told - I don't have any personal experience to add.
I watched this EAA webinar on insurance and found it at least useful and I picked up a tip or two that I'll use in looking at my current and subsequent policies (e.g., the difference between per person and per passenger).
http://www.eaa.org/webinars/

Last edited:
Falcon and John Nys

I use Falcon and have been pleased with the service as they cover the plane and my hangar. They were also very good about getting the language required by the Tulsa Airport Authority for the hanger land lease at Riverside Airport.

With respect to the pre buy there is a gentleman called John Nys out of EAA Chapter 10 who has built a bunch of RV's who may be able to help, the link goes to the Chapter 10 contact page that list a number of EAA Tech Councilers.

http://www.10.eaachapter.org/about.htm

I am at Riverside and happy to help if I can.

Last edited: