patterson

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm stumped by my engines performance issues. IO320 - It runs fine, then alternately seems to self lean and stumble, then goes back to running fine. EGT's all rise equally when stumbling, no difference on one mag or one LSE. I keep looking for a place to land. Seems like a Fuel issue, but I am not 100% sure of that. Now I won't fly it till the problem is found. Based at KLVK. Are there any good engine mechanics/troubleshooters you fellows in the Bay Area can recommend to get this resolved? Thanks.
Ron
[email protected]

edit: originally posted in Traditional Engines but think this may be better here

Sounds like carb

When is the last time the fuel servo (not carb) was rebuilt?

I recently worked on a Glastar that sat for a couple years with little running. The airplane and engine look new and another mechanic purged the system and cleaned the filters in preparation for it to fly. However...

On the takeoff role, the engine lost power and just quit. Started back up and seemed to run fine but, like you, wanted a deeper look into the cause.

Pulled the servo and spider, sent them off for inspection and they found them so clogged with deposits that he said it would be more cost effective to replace them both - which is what we did.

All good now after an hour test flight above the airport.

EDIT: Could also be vapor locking.

Last edited: