Gash

Well Known Member
Hello, I am to the point of ordering external lighting for my RV-8 build with the so-called "Old School" wingtips that were originally sent with the kits up to 1999 (I think that's the date anyway). It is difficult to know all of my lighting options out there due to manufacturers and vendors being shot gunned all over the Internet and difficult to search for.

I need landing, taxi, nav and strobe lights. I would like LED lights, perhaps something like AeroLEDs. I also want to flush mount wherever possible to minimize parasite drag.

Please tell me your ideas on what would work for the Old School wing tips. I am not opposed to mounting landing and taxi lights in the wing leading edge if necessary.

Thank you very much for your inputs.

lighting

I used Kuntzleman Electronics, Inc. strobes, navigation lights and LED landing light on my RV-8 and I am happy with their performance. I also have the old style wing tips which allows the forward facing red/ green lights and aft facing white lights on the wing tip installation. Light weight, low profile and low power consumption.