aeronca

I would like to entertain a reciprical agreement whereby i provide a 180 hp 172 and free accomodation on an airstrip here in texas (dfw) to someone in Australia with a reliable four seat aircraft so i can take my family of four around and see the country. I have an aussie pilots license (lived in Vic for a few years) and roughly 700 hours in many types with 450 in tailwheel. I need the plane next summer. I know it is a little early but i figure i should start now.

downunder Xchange

Hey there... or rather g'day.
Try the Sport Aircraft Association Australia newsletter or forum on www.saaa.com (no "au" in this URL)

or the Australian AOPA ....www.aopa.com.au

Sorry I can't help personally as my RV8 is in the build process....and of course when finished only a 2 seater

Peter

I would encourage you to register & introduce yourself - and your 'plan' - here:

http://www.recreationalflying.com.au/

Very diverse, friendly and welcoming group of pilots who are from all of the main population centers. I ended up being hosted on one of Brisbane's few 'aerodromes' after asking for some similar 'hospitality help' while living in Bris this past year.

Be sure to save your pennies. I'm sure you've being paying attention to the $A vs. U.S. Peso exchange rate. But beyond that, the general cost of things in Australia is just generally breathtaking these days, as you'll hear many an Aussie tell you right after you meet them. Working towards 'exchange flights' is an excellent idea under the circumstances.

Such a shame that a country that could benefit so greatly from General Aviation has so few airports, and especially free or inexpensive ones. Like Texas, there's a lot of 'there' ouy there...but unlike Texas, not so many fields while the roads are slow going (no interstate system) and full of 'Roos at night.

Jack