ron sterba

Well Known Member
Well its time to put in the panel and I'll need to install the tray for the ADAHRS in my 9A. Has any body put one in yet? Hoping for some ideas for location. I thought just behind the bagage panel on the top brace where the canopy rail is located. Is this a good location? I just downloaded the Dynon ADAHRS unit size off their website. Not much more than that figure. Appreciate any ideas you might have.

Ron in OREGON::rolleyes:

Skyview ADHARS in RV-8

Ron,

This is how I mounted mine in my -8...
nn0393.jpg

regards,

Ken

Ken & Bob. Well I think I thought to much about this installation for the ADAHRS unit tray. You fellows made look to easy. Today at our EAA 292 meeting we had Dooey V.Pres of Pacific coast avionics put on his display of products. EFIS units, radios of all kinds,GPS Handhelds.ANR Headsets. He and his son are building a RV7 and after i explained what you guys have his answer was keep it simple but firm in construction. Do not over do it. His suggestion to nice sweeping curve out of the ADAHRS unit with your tubing as you did Ken. The adell clamps and tubing were a beautiful exit from the unit with plenty of support. Bob I like your support off the top stringers. Looks pretty sturdy. Thanks guys I appreciate the pictures and notes so Iam on my way.

Doug thanks for your forum pages!

Ron in OREGON