Michael Henning

Well Known Member
I am starting on the canopy now (Todds tinted canopy... way cool) and don't want to screw it up. I am looking for pics of the process to "clarify" the instructions.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

You may find some helpful info by looking at my canopy section pics. Use the link on my signature below. I asked for the tinted canopy but he did not have any available at the time. Do you have any pics of your canopy?

Axel,

Thanks for the link. I haven't even taken the canopy out of the box yet. Before I ordered the canopy, Todd sent me two tinted samples. I chose the lighter tint, as it wouldn't interfere with night flight, but still offer some relief during the day and look real cool with the yellow paint job going on the plane. I will post pics as I make some progress.

Mike

KIt

How old is your 4 kit, if its an old one with the that uses nutserts to fix the canopy do not use these.

I had not realised they had been changed to pop rivets and ended up with real trouble. In the end I used a combination of rivets and sika.

Good luck with the cutting.

WAM

Canopy

Hi Michael
Check out my build log on my signature, Chick on fuselage and it will take you to the section on my canopy build

I have pop rivets for canopy attachment. Dayton, I found your site and it is wonderful. I am reading manual and looking at your site to get it straight in my mind before I start. Shooting for no mistakes.

Thanks,

Mike