steve gawler

I'm New Here
The airport fence (FLV) collapsed on my RV-4 tail section during an epic thunderstorm and resulting flood Saturday night, so I'm looking for a replacement rudder. Interestingly, the water was powerful enough to force the flaps down and break the flap torque tube/flap handle weldment but did no damage to the flaps themselves. Can't understand that one.

Steve
913-297-0574

Total bummer!

Steve,

I do not have any parts for you (I'm building an -8) but I just wanted to offer my condolences. That totally sucks! I can't imagine showing up to the airport to find my ship bent by Mother Nature. Will your insurance pick up the parts bill?

Art in Asheville

the older ones had a mickey mouse just a strap around them. then the newer ones had gussets.

i know two or three guys have raised their flap handles and nothing goes down. of course the guy I know that for sure had this problem had kit #43.

too bad about the damage, I'll let you know if I hear of a rudder.

Replacement rudder

I think I'll be more or less financially covered, but I would rather not have to build one if I can find one needing a home. I'm pretty sure there are more tail kits out there than complete kits...too bad the -4 is not prepunched!!