RONSIM

Well Known Member
Would like to get a few recommendations for a paint shop in or near Florida to finish off our RV-10 which is currently flying, but really butt-ugly (according to my wife) with dabs of paint and primer. (Not sure how anyone can call an RV-10 ugly, even under the worst conditions!)

Thanks for the help!

Ron

Salt air is an excellent shop but high end on price. Less expensive would be either of the 2 paint shops on Okeechobee or Florida Aircraft Painting on Bartow.

Paint shop in/near FL

Hi Ron: I am located in Seminole,FL and keep my RV-7A at PIE. My paint was done by Bobby Potts in Tuscaloosa,AL. If you want to see the results, give me a call. Reply to this by PM for my phone number. I will be out of town from March 8-13 but after that, I'm sure we can get together.

Bill Near

Thanks for the help

I appreciate the input --- we will start checking all of the suggestions as most of the shops I was familiar with from years ago were no longer up and running.

Hi Ron from Jerry Fischer

Ron, dave Henderson has his Rv-7 up in Lake City at Cannon Creek and will be picking it up sometime in the next week or so. seems happy with price and quality. Jaime Painter had his done by Bobby Potts over in Tuscaloosa and was happy with results. His plane is on this website somewhere I'm sure.
Have you checked out Williston also?
Blue Skies and give Holland a rasberry for me
Jerry:rolleyes:

SaltAire in OMN

When it was time to paint my RV9A. I took a few days and flew it to 9 paint shops located in FL. I selected SaltAir in OMN and I was very satisfied with the results. You can save some money if you do the fiberglass filling and priming yourself. You are only going to get your baby painted once so don't go cheap!