johnfurey

Well Known Member
I tried mounting the TT pitch servo to the bracket that I installed during original construction. By everything that I can tell it is right where the instructions call for however I would have to cut the servo arm down to the closest hole to keep the elevator push tube from hitting it when in the full nose up position. This would also require cutting the connecting rod which might not allow enough travel.

Lucas said he has not run into this before. He sent pictures of an installation but I don't see anything unusual. This is not the first TT system that I have installed but it is my first in a 7. Have any of you run into this before?

Got any pics of your install we can see to try and help.

Many many many RV6, 7 & 9's out there flying with that type of bracket and servo. Even Dynon & Garmin use a mount that is almost identical.

I have used Dynon, TT and Garmin with the same mount and had no issues like your describing.

Here are my RV-6A pics. I wouldn't think the RV-7 is much different :) Rosie

altrak01.jpg

altrak02.jpg

Here are a couple. The two with all the clearance are with the elevator in the neutral position. The other is in the full up position.
photo%201_zpsu5yqkwb5.jpg

photo%203_zpsixdaguxd.jpg

photo%202_zpsn11x7myd.jpg

Servo

Can you put the servo on the other side? I think the arm will line up then. The pics Rosie posted looks like it will be fine where it is.

RT

Last edited:
Make sure your elevator bell crank is installed correctly, it is not symmetrical.

Martin Sutter
Building and Flying RV's since 1988

Are you using a bracket from TruTrack, or from Vans.

In the building of my 10, there was a bracket included from the factory, but TruTrack said to use the one they provided instead.

Thanks for the input guys. I Can't mount it from other side. I will verify that the belcrank is oriented correctly and yes the bracket is from TT.

Do you have the up elevator stop installed with the correct amount of elevator travel?

If so is the elevator pushrod adjusted so the bellcrank is in the proper position when the elevator is neutral?

I'm sure the Elevator stops allow for proper travel but I will recheck them and after looking at the plans I'm sure the belcrank is installed correctly but I do not recall where it tells what the correct positioning of the belcrack is. Anyone know what it should be?

When the bottom pushrod bolt aligns concentrically with the hole in the side of that vertical brace/rib.

I confirmed that the up stop is set at 30 degrees. The belcrank is installed correctly. And the orientation of the belcrank is set correctly so I am still at a loss :confused:

I've seen and installed a number of these servos and have one in my own aircraft as well, with no issues. It must be something with your particular installation that in non standard.

I agree Walt. I just wish I was seeing it. I will have a friend take a look at it. Maybe another set of eyes will reveal something simple that I am missing.

If I had to guess I would say your bellcrank is not vertical in the neutral position, try lengthening the aft TT a bit and see how much that helps (it has to improve it).

Thanks to all for the advice. With a few adjustments to the rod length it works fine. In the full up position, which is what I was concerned about I now have about 1/8" clearance on the push tube and within the acceptable range on the servo arm. I used a .310 bushing on the servo arm to align the rod with the belcrank. Now just waiting for the release of the Gemini AP.