F5ftiger

Hello,
I have a set of Sam James wheel pants but no drawings or installation instructions...
Can anyone help?
Even good pictures of the installation process could give me a idea.

Thanks!

Christoph

Christoph,

I have the original paperwork for these, and can photograph or scan and email if you aren't getting what you want otherwise. I am building a 7, but don't know if the plans are model specific.

Just send a PM if desired.

Sam James pants

Anyone planning on installing the pants on an 8 ( not A ) there is a big time saver on installing them . Sam marks the axle holes on both sides of each pant . Measure and double check his marks , then drill both axle holes in each pant ( 4 total ) . Drill your wheel pant bracket thru the gear leg 1/4 " ( you will increase it latter as the plans tell you to drill it for jacking purposes ) . Now you can bolt the pant to axle nut and put a bolt thru back side , the pant is inline the only adjustment is to level the plane and level the pant to match . ( do not use the block under the rear as shown in the directions as it is a little off depending on Tailwheel brand and if your motor is mounted .
Then lots of micro and sanding to get them paint worthy .
Tom

Kudo's for Will James!

I sent the PDF I had made of my 7 instructions to Christoph and offered to contact Sam James since I saw he was in Germany.

I called Sam James and he does not do digital. Then I called Will and he committed to talk to Sam and get a copy of the instructions posted to the web site. I got the impression that was not going to be easy. With a few more emails, Will apparently sent a digital copy to Christoph as my next correspondence was from him and closed the loop.

Thanks to Will James: Will took this on and did was was necessary to make it right. This is typical for Will, nothing but outstanding support!