I am looking for some help with my current dilemma. I ordered new upper gear leg fairings from fairings-etc and they are not even close to fitting the cowling. Can anyone tell me if there were different cowling revisions for the RV-6? The fairing I was sent states RV-6 and RV-7? The RV-6 kit was purchased 1999 if that helps. I have attached some photos that show the original and the new fairings. Thanks Chad
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I can't help you with your dilemma but can tell you my hangar-mate just bought some gear leg fairings for his RV-6A (I think they came from overseas). The uppers don't even come CLOSE to fitting; we would have to heavily mod his uppers so we are going to custom-mold new ones next summer :) Rosie

Due to the mismatch in "angle" it looks as though the new fairings might be for the -6A.

Not at all difficult to make them yourself for a perfect fit. Photos are RV-4.

Looking at your photos of the ramp, I would say your window of opportunity for 2014 has slammed shut.

Tony

Give him a call. They are great to deal with and will know exactly what the issue is.

I spoke with Bob at Fairings-Etc today and he wants me to send them back for inspection, and if they are for a 6A he will get me the correct ones right away.

Thanks for the help.

Chad

As an aside, I believe there were two different cowlings for the -6... A shorter cowl and a longer one. I would have thought the shape near the gearleg would be very similar on both, but maybe it's different enough?