HURMANAV8R

Need help finding what's in the ?bag of bags?

Good evening fellow builders.
I am looking for a parts list from the 400 series parts included in the tail kit.
I purchased it used, and all the parts are there as per the packing list, but the detailed explanation of the bags and bags of rivets and hardware is nowhere to be found and I am just getting started here and don?t want to mix it up, trying to stay organized.
Any guidance would be helpful.

Last edited:
I suggest that you contact Van's and let them know that you purchased an existing project. They will register you with that builders number and later allow you to purchase a motor and a prop at oem prices. At the same time, let them know about any lists that are missing.

Separate Into Plastic Storage Boxes

Once you get the detail list of components and parts in the bags, I think it is a good idea to buy a bunch of plastic storage boxes of the type that are subdivided into many small compartments. I stored mine that way with the cover labled with the part numbers in each cell. I used small stationary labels and they did the job but they fell off during the years of construction, maintenance and modification. Now I scan the boxes through the cover to find the parts I need. You can do better I'm sure. Your instinct to organize is a good one.

Bob Axsom

I was able to get hold of someone at Vans today that was glad to send me the info I needed, Yesterday a different person was not so much help, hence the "yelp for help".
This AM while hitting HODO for some srews for work I came across a great deal on storage bins and wall mounts to hang them from, so looks like after this trip for work is done, I am off and running....
Once again, thanks fellow builders and have a good evening.