Oldgeezer

Anyone
Iam in the wiring phase, using an Odyessy 680 battery and Looking at Nuckolls Aero electrical connections book, figure Z-11, it calls for #4 awg wire size from the battery to ground on the firewall and #4 awg from the positive to the battery contactor. I'm using a brass bar from the battery contactor to the starter contactor per Van's instructions and the #2 awg welding wire from the starter contactor to the starter. Is anyone else using this set up and having any starting problems? The two runs of # 4 are probably less than 12 inches long each, and multi strand and very flexible for the tight turns, just not sure if it is the right size.
Thanks
Oldgeezer
RV9 wiring

Sounds plenty heavy enough to start a Peterbuilt! I would suggest when making cable with tight turns, to lay out the cable in roughly its final shape while swaging the terminals on, which will relieve strain on the cable strands from trying to bend them to fit later.

Bob says #4 for all...

Actually, the AeroElectric Bob's Z-11 drawing I have (version K) specifies #4 wire for the entire run of the starter circuit - including the contactor to starter run.

Going bigger in wire size is no problem, but according to Bob's schematic #4 is OK....:)

gil A