sblack

Well Known Member
I would like to have a shop air fitting outside on the back wall of my hangar. I would use this for painting parts outside, soda blasting etc. I basically need a bulkhead fitting to go through the wall with mail or female npt on either end. Any suggestions? I haven't found anything.

I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to do, but cant you just run a piece of pipe through the wall and put a fitting on it? You could use an escutcheon on it to make it look better. Maybe even easier would be to put an exterior duplex outlet cover on the outside wall and open it to run the hose through it when you needed it?

Last edited:
Go to a truck parts place, they have those bulk head fittings in pipe thread. they are used for the air brake system, mounting glad handle hoses runs ect.

Awesome Bret, thanks!

Yes I can run a pipe through the wall and solder fittings to it but I was hoping there would be an easier way. It is a steel building with a thin skin so a bulkhead fitting is just the ticket.

Scott,

I have a Morton building with 9" walls. I ran into the same problem. My solution is below. Although I used mine for running propane into the building, it will easily handle any pressure that your compressor can develop. A link to the manufacturer is below the picture. I used part number 1X12STUB-10 (1" x 12")

Wall%20Stub%20Out_1.jpg

http://www.gastite.com/us/index.html

Fred