twcroy

Soon to be the proud owner of an RV-9A currently located Austin Texas and need to fly it to her new home at Hyde Field in Maryland, but will stop short at Stafford VA and change over to a pilot with an SFRA PIN to get her to Hyde - I have a PIN, but can't use as Pilot in Command while a student and with a passenger. Will have PP in a couple of months. If interested, please contact me. Planning trip mid-Oct Sun / Mon of Columbus Day weekend to Tue / Wed.

Also looking for help finding a good paint shop in the area around DC.

Thanks,
Tim

It's a Personal Identification Number for a Special Flight Rules Area (thank you, extra post-9/11 regs)

Just to clarify, you do not need a PIN to fly in the DC SFRA but Hyde Field is located inside the FRZ (Flight Restricted Zone) and is commonly referred to as one of the DC 3. To fly in the FRZ you do need to be vetted and issued a PIN. Tim accidentally slipped the wrong acronym in on his post.

Tim, if you have any trouble finding someone to help you give me a PM. If I can't do it there are a few of us from the DC area that may be able. I do not have a FRZ PIN but fly out of GAI which is in the SFRA. There is also an RV8 driver based at Potomac, who obviously is vetted and could possibly help you out.

Co-Pilot

All,

Thanks for the help and clarification. Outstanding group of people, I can see why the seller says owning an RV is more than the plane, it's also a great group of fellow pilots / friends - a lifestyle if you will.

Appreciate the responses and will be trying to make arrangements in the next couple of days.

Thanks again!
Tim

Also looking for help finding a good paint shop in the area around DC.

Tim, I'm in Charlottesville, and I'm going all the way to Grady at Glo in the KDFW area to get my -8 painted. If your plane is already in TX you ought to take it there. Give him a call....every plane that I have seen that he has painted is excellent.

Or, if you want it painted in the DC area, try Hagerstown, they're pretty good. And...if you can wait to mid Nov, I can fly your -9 back to Stafford. I will have just dropped my -8 off at Glo...

try chad weaver at 804-767-0107. he is in richmond, va and loves to fly, maybe for expenses and a small amount of $.i have seen a rv-6, be-58 and a 152 that was painted in hagerstown md and both jobs were top notch. don't know how much but the workmanship was excellent.