Russ Hacket

I'm New Here
I'm one of the many that bought Blue Mountain EFIS Lite G3 (2) and the VM1000C engine monitoring system many years ago. I'm at the point in building my RV-7 where I have to get the aforementioned systems up and running. To date, I have been unable to get any info. from the respective web sites. I know Blue Mountain went belly up, but I was under the impression from the Vision Microsystem web site that technical help was available. I have received no response from either vendor and am wondering if anyone experienced the same situation and was able to get some help. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Russ,

Vision Microsystems was purchased by JPI instruments. They still manufacture the VM1000C, but with a number of changes/improvements. They also changed to all JPI sensors. I had an original (never run) VM1000C and heard from others that JPI was not supporting the old version, but would provide a free exchange for the updated one. My was installed, so I removed it, sent it in and was provided a replacement free of charge :). Can't beat that for service. It has functioned trouble free for my 15 mos in the air. I'd try and contact them to see what they can do. When I talked with them about keeping the unit or exchanging it, they said that some issues occasionally came up with the old units, but they may be just fine left installed. I took the safe but cumbersome route and removed and replaced the unit.