rvaitor87

Well Known Member
I have been told that if I put -7 wingtips on my -4, it will handle better. I have been told this by more than one person, my question is, although the wings are basically the same, would there be any advantage to putting-7 wingtips on?:confused: I was told that it would handle better and not be twitchy. I have flown a -4, and I found it to be very stable, with no tendency to be un-stable. I do plan to call Vans and ask them what they think, but i think that I already know the answer.:rolleyes: Has anybody done this who can give me some insight as to how they like, or dislike having them on.
Thank you to all who reply, I value your input

I put -7 wingtips on my -6 and saw zero difference in handling.
I did notice that the stall speed didn't change, but the sink rate went up slightly.

It is my opinion that you can't beat the original Hoerner style tips for efficiency.

I have an 2005/2008 RV-8 that was deliberately built with the 415 (Hoerner) wingtips.

I can not give a performance comparison. I can give a personal opinion on appearance. I like what I have :)

From reading many threads, the average of all the opinions is that the 415, 715-1, and 715-2 tips do not make appreciable difference one way or the other.