On a really cold day after a snow fall, the windshield on my RV6 was completely iced up. I used a CD to remove the ice. After the windshield was clean, I noticed the CD made several permanent scratch marks all over the windshield and they are really ugly. Does anyone know if this can be repaired? Can this be repaired by a regular windshield repair company?

Any advice appreciated. In Long Beach, CA

Thanks
Steve

Steve,

FYI, as you found out never scrape a windscreen. Just like you should never use windex on them either.

Good luck with the scratches.

MicroMesh works...

...if you follow the instructions carefully, and don't skip any grades, make sure each grit is completely washed off, and that each area you work on is larger than the previous grit.... in other words, RTM....:)

It's a lot of work (all by hand) so allow many hours for the job, but it will do the job.

Repair

Has anyone tried the type of liquid repair used on eyeglasses? I scuffed up a left over piece of canopy material with 100 grit and tried the liquid repair. Worked well, can't see the scratches but I am worried about long term UV and of course eyeway traditionally does not travel at 175kts to the prevailing air.
Just curious,
Mike H 9A/8A