I bought a RV7A in USA and will fly it to Brazil on the first week of August. This will be my first international flight. I'll travel in a loose schedule in order to enjoy the trip. I'd like some advise about the best places to see in Bahamas and Caribbean and also the places to avoid due to burocracy, fuel costs, etc.... My initial route is Miami, Provo, St. Marteen, Grenada, Georgetown (English Guiana) and Macapa (Brazil). I'm planning to fly only one leg of 3.5 hr in the morning, so I have the rest of the day to relax. Any good advises?

Steve Saint presented his trip from Ecuador to Floraida as OSH a couple years ago. I would give him or Jesse Saint a call. Google Saint Aviation for the phone number.

Already bought the guide

I bought the Bahamas & Caribbean Pilot's Guide. They have a lot of informations, but they don't say "you can't miss this" or "don't stop on this island". I was told to avoid the French Islands, due to burocracy and also Piarco. This is the kind of information I'm looking for.

Brazil

Andre,

Not much in Provo, unless you are going to dive.

St Martin is one of my farorites. Grand Case TFFG is better than the Duch side. I like the French airports the best.
Avoid Antigua.

Montserrat TRPG, I havent been to the new airfield since the mountain blew up and covered the old runway. Nice place then,,,

Guadeloupe,,,,
Il de Saints TFFS is quite and worth a stop. Park and walk to town and eat, sleep great place. Clear customs in Guaduloupe, Pointe-a Pitre first.

Guadeloupe, St. Francois TFFC is a great place. Park and walk over the Golf coarse and find a hotel. French restaurants! Marina, wind surfing.

St Lucia, Vigie TLPC now named George Charles, is close to town.

Bequia TVSB,,,, AAAAAAAAAaaahhh.,,, now that is a place to forget where you came from .

Union I, TVSU in the Grenadines . STOP There. You can walk to find food, sleep ect. Great place.

Trinidad, TTCP. You will have to get a cab to town from here.

Avoid Surinam.

George Town, Guyana lock up your plane.
The WX can be a problem, fog and cumulas clouds over South America. Be carefull.

Wish I was going too!!!

Last edited:
Andre,

Not much in Provo, unless you are going to dive.

St Martin is one of my farorites. Grand Case TFFG is better than the Duch side. I like the French airports the best.
Avoid Antigua.

Montserrat TRPG, I havent been to the new airfield since the mountain blew up and covered the old runway. Nice place then,,,

Guadeloupe,,,,
Il de Saints TFFS is quite and worth a stop. Park and walk to town and eat, sleep great place. Clear customs in Guaduloupe, Pointe-a Pitre first.

Guadeloupe, St. Francois TFFC is a great place. Park and walk over the Golf coarse and find a hotel. French restaurants! Marina, wind surfing.

St Lucia, Vigie TLPC now named George Charles, is close to town.

Bequia TVSB,,,, AAAAAAAAAaaahhh.,,, now that is a place to forget where you came from .

Union I, TVSU in the Grenadines . STOP There. You can walk to find food, sleep ect. Great place.

Trinidad, TTCP. You will have to get a cab to town from here.

Avoid Surinam.

George Town, Guyana lock up your plane.
The WX can be a problem, fog and cumulas clouds over South America. Be carefull.

Wish I was going too!!!

Thanks for the informations. Based on them I'll make some changes in my plans. I'll have a blog to post the photos and a SPOT link. I'll post it here later. Planning to depart on Monday, 08/02.

a couple of guys from vans did a down island ......

trip after snf this year. they were gone about a month and made almost to south america.

img0791ky.jpg

do you need some help???????????