rph142

Well Known Member
Need a vacuum pad cover plate - SD8 for sale $400

I am not going to be using the SD-8 alternator that came with my engine because I need more amps. It comes with the voltage regulator and I'm asking $400. I am also looking for the cover plate that will replace it. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a cover plate

I can send it to you. I was going to give it to someone else but the guy never followed up.

I'll look around for it.

PM me your mailing address and I'll send it to you.

Made my own cover plate.

I am not going to be using the SD-8 alternator that came with my engine because I need more amps. It comes with the voltage regulator and I'm asking $400. I am also looking for the cover plate that will replace it. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks

It's nothing special. Asked my mechanic and we fabbed one out of .060 or .090 plate, fit it onto the existing studs with a gasket.

YMMV.

Cool!

Joe,
Thanks for the tip.
I looked up the part number for the cover plate on my io-360-a1a and it was around $35 so I'll just make one, I hate waiting on things to come in via mail anyway.

It's nothing special. Asked my mechanic and we fabbed one out of .060 or .090 plate, fit it onto the existing studs with a gasket.

YMMV.