Robslosh

I'm New Here
Looking to purchase my first RV6/A but have never flown in one. I am 6’1 and am 255lbs. Concerned about comfort and not getting stuck. The plane I’m looking at is across the country so before I go to the expense to see it, I’m trying to find someone in Oregon that has an RV6/A I can fly in. I’ll cover all cost, etc. I live in Medford Oregon.

I have given a ride in our 7A to a 6'+ 300lb guy. it was snug, but the two of us fit just fine. We also have a 6A now. Even though the 7 "seems" bigger, every measurement of the cabin size I have taken is the same. Make sure the 6 has a stock sized panel. Any additions below panel, or center console would be a hard no.

I moved the rudder pedals forward on our 6, and fly both regularly. If you were a little closer i'd be happy to help.

Best of luck with your purchase.

P.M. sent

Consider more than fit in your purchase decision. Will you always fly solo? If not, what's the weight of your passenger likely to be? 230lb of fuel (full), 255lb of you, and you're at 485lb. That only leaves 165lb for passenger and baggage. And that's on a 1000lb empty weight -6 (1650lb gross).

IMO, a -7 (1800lb gross, but not necessarily 200lb heavier empty) or a -14 (increased room inside as well) should be your target.

I just installed the RV14 Seat mod in my RV6A and a world of difference in comfort. If you get the RV6A, get the seat mod

14’s and 10’s are great. I have seriously considered building a 10, but the prices of the -6’s are well less than half of a similarly equipped -14. That is a ton of money for a small gain in carrying capacity and comfort. All in all, you cant go wrong with any of the models.

I have given a ride in our 7A to a 6'+ 300lb guy. it was snug, but the two of us fit just fine. We also have a 6A now. Even though the 7 "seems" bigger, every measurement of the cabin size I have taken is the same. Make sure the 6 has a stock sized panel. Any additions below panel, or center console would be a hard no.

I moved the rudder pedals forward on our 6, and fly both regularly. If you were a little closer i'd be happy to help.

Best of luck with your purchase.

P.M. sent
If I'mm not mistaken, there's more head room in the7 because the seat pans are lower.

If I'mm not mistaken, there's more head room in the7 because the seat pans are lower.
I'll measure that. (the 7 seems roomier) Funny thing is we are using the 7 seats in the 6 right now because they are so much more comfortable, and my wife uses an additional 2" lift in the 6.