Darren S

Well Known Member
I've checked the archives but can't seem to find a picture of Gaffer's tape placed over the bolt openings on the elevator and rudder.

Seems easy enough to try but I would like to see a picture first. Also, any other simple speed mod suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Darren

Comm Problem

I tried to respond to your private message requesting some mod ideas. When I sent the message I got a notice that your address was not recognized. I've never had that happen before but I wanted you to know I did not ignore your message. I have applied gaffers tape to the openings for attaching the elevator and rudder. There is nothing to it just like putting tape over a hole. It may come off in flight - mine did - but if it does you just try doing it a little differently and try again until you come up with a configuration that works. The mod makes a little difference but not much and the risk is minimal. I made metal plates to cover these openings later on in the evolution process.

Bob Axsom

"Speed With Economy" by Kent Paser

Paser Publications
5672 West Chestnut Axenue
Littleton, Colorado 80123

This is the best book in my opinion on the subject of speed mods. You need to read this to get a complete feel of what you can do. This is real 1st hand information.

Bob Axsom

Bob, do you have any pictures of your tape install, and/or of the metal plates you installed later? Just curious where this is exactly, and what you're covering. I can't picture it.