Walt

Well Known Member
Need to come up to "T" town to visit Allen Barrett and thought Harvey young looked the closest. Is there by chance a coutesy car available there? Any info appreciated as well as alternate airports/ideas from you okies :D
Thanks,
Walt
[email protected]

Walt said:
Need to come up to "T" town to visit Allen Barrett and thought Harvey young looked the closest. Is there by chance a coutesy car available there? Any info appreciated as well as alternate airports/ideas from you okies :D
Thanks,
Walt
[email protected]
Young is pretty quiet. No courtesy car that I know of. Best bet will likely be Enterprise or the like.

RVS

Harvey Young is a neigborhood airport that's really not set up for transients. I think you'd have a hard time finding a place to park, much less get a car.

However, compared to Dallas, EVERYPLACE in Tulsa is close. I'd suggest Jones "Riverside" (RVS) and check in at the Christenson Jet Center. If they don't have a courtesy car, they can get you a rental. Of course I may be biased since I used to be based at Riverside and still consider it the greatest GA airport I've ever seen.

I have to admit, though, you could almost walk to Barrett's from the big airport. The GA side of "International" is widely separated from the commercial side, so it's almost like a separate airport, and you would have to deal with a tower at Riverside anyway. It's just that the Riverside folks are a lot friendlier (and cheaper) and you're more likely to get a car at Christensen than Millionaire.

T-Town ride

Hi Walt,

Come in at KTUL, either TulsAir or Auto Pilots Central/Sparks Aviation, give me a call and I'll come get you. If you need to go elsewhere while you're in town, you can drive my truck.

Allen