Bubblehead

Well Known Member
Does anyone have some of these they'd like to sell or know a low cost source for? I hate to pay for new on something like this. If so please email me at [email protected].

According to the Lyc Overhaul and the parts manual I need 8 ea of part number "69531, Plate, Cylinder hold-down nut."

I'm replacing the cylinders on my 180 hp IO-360 and these plates were not on the plane when I took the old cylinders off. They can be seen in:

The Lycoming Overhaul manual #60294-7 Figure 6-4 on page 6-4, identified as part 9.

The Lycoming Parts Manual PC-106 Figure 18 on page 3-8 identified as part 25.

Thanks,

John

I thought these were for narrow deck engines only? If they were not on the engine when before, then you probably don't need 'em now. PC-106 (if I remember correctly) is parts catalog for narrow deck engine.. PC-306 is for wide deck O-360... I'd determine this before proceeding.

I have a narrow deck engine, and am installing narrow deck cylinders. Lots of things on this engine were not as they should have been. Three cylinders went bad in October and were so old they were not rebuildable. I'm putting 4 new ECi experimental cylinders on along with 9:1 pistons.

Last week I pulled the conn rods to have them checked. All four had been illegally ground and modified so I replaced them with rebuilt units along with new bearings and bushings. 2 rocker arms were bad so I bought two rebuilt units. Lots of $ gone!

I was reading up on the reassembly operation when I came across the reference to the hold down plates. I could not remember seeing them when I took the cylinders off but searched through all the material I had removed from the engine. I could not find anything even resembling the plates.

Nevermind!

My mistake - I've got a wide deck not a narrow deck engine/cylinders. I wrote it down right but remembered it wrong.

Sorry for the fire drill!