bobmarkert

Well Known Member
I need a few AN 426-5x SOFT rivets

I always cringed when I read about builders making extra holes while dimpling. Yep........ now I can say been there-done that. The good news it intersected the intended original hole. My fix was to drill the hole to include both holes and use a #8 screw dimple die. An AN 426 5 rivet fits perfectly and it looks good (OK???). I doubt it will be discovered except by the most fastidious of builders.

I do not want to try to set a regular 426-5 because it is on a curved surface (Flap) and I am concerned I could distort the skin while setting such a large rivet. Does anyone have any AN 426-5 SOFT rivets (any length ok, I'll cut it)? I really don't want to buy the quantity required by the supply houses to get just a few. Hopefully I'll never need them again.

any help appreciated.

Bob Markert
9670 W. Gould Ave
Littleton, CO 80123

Soft Rivets

I have some soft 470's but not any 426's. I would check with B & B Aircraft in Gardner, KS. They have a pretty good assortment of odd stuff and they might be able to fix you up.

Maybe

I remember buying some soft rivets in the final stages of my build but can't remember what I did with them. I'll be able to check tomorrow and let you know.

I have the following AD Rivits but no A Rivits. If you want to try some ADs let me know and I would be happy to mail you out some.
The 1097s may work for you with the smaller head.

1097 AD 5-X
1097 AD 6-X

426 AD 5-X

If you strike out looking for soft 426-5 rivets, I have a stock of aluminum AN threaded hardware, including #8 flatheads.