Bushcaddy

Well Known Member
I have a PowerFlow exhaust whaich has a 3" outlet for cabin heat from the collector box...my cabin heat box has a 2" inlet, so I need a mechanism to reduce it. I was hoping to locate a simple aluminum reducer from 3" to 2" but am having no luck at ACS or Wicks unless they list it as somethiing I'm not putting in search.

Thanks for the input.

If you can't find a reducer anywhere you can do a little trick with the 3" scat tube that might make it work. The wire that is inside the scat tube is there to help hold its shape. If you take the wire you can pull it apart from the inside of the scat tube. Remove this wire about 3 or 4 inches up the tube, take a pair of side cutters and cut the wire. Once the wire is cut, put the wire that is still connect to the scat tube back up into the scat tube and make sure to bend the end of the wire back on itself so it does not poke a hole in the scat tube. This will create a 3 or 4" (or however much wire you pull out to create a flimsy scat tube). Slide it over the 2" heat box and use a worm gear to clamp it down. It will take some work to get it just right, but in the end you will have made your own reducer. The only think you will have to contend with is when you tighten down your clamp, just make sure all of the scat material gets locked down under the clamp.

Call Powerflow...

I have a PowerFlow exhaust whaich has a 3" outlet for cabin heat from the collector box...my cabin heat box has a 2" inlet, so I need a mechanism to reduce it. I was hoping to locate a simple aluminum reducer from 3" to 2" but am having no luck at ACS or Wicks unless they list it as somethiing I'm not putting in search.

Thanks for the input.

...I believe what you need is a part #6853 - 2" to 3" adapter with hose clamps.

My Tiger kit came with an optional one, but it was 2.5 inch to 3 inch and is long gone...:)

Check volume of air passing across pipes

Don:

I realize your vendor is not Vetterman, but he told me repeatedly to make sure that an adequate flow of air passed thru the muffler at all times. I installed dual mufflers. One goes to the htr, the other simply exits but scat tubes to both are full size.

By reducing the flange size you are also reducing volume that can pass over the exhaust pipes, cooling them. You might want to check with Powerflow.

If Powerflow tells you not to restrict flow, you could tap 2" for the heater and allow the remainder to exit elsewhere.

For the cost of a phone call, it would be good to know the vendor's opinion.

Checked w/powerflow...

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Barry, excellent suggestion, I called Powerflow and no issue w/reducing the airflow.

Gil, thanks, turns out powerflow does sell a reducer.

A message I got from another forum user told nme that Wagaero sells the 3" to 2" reducer and I ordered that earlier today, otherwise I would have just gotten the powerflow part.

Thanks again.