Bruce Gray

I'm New Here
I did it last night! Riveted on the rudder fairings and noticed the fuse cut-out was to small for the poly tube for the rudder cable guide. Simple enough, tuck the cable out of the way and open it up with a rotary file. Yah, can you see it now.
Reaching through the aft deck lightning hole I began to remove the needed material until the cable sprung back into it and distroyed it! :eek:
Now really :mad: at myself for not taking the time and drilling off the fairing and totally removing the cable I get the sticker shock of a new set from Van's(77.65?) I need one! Getting ready to bite the bullet I thought, just maybe someone else has had an unfortunate experience with one and had to order a new set.
Willing to purchase the new unused cable if you have one laying around. My next question, are they all made to the 161.375" dimensions? I believe it is or should I go ahead and buy the set from Van's because they're made in sets(like one another in lenght). I'll pay half of the going cost plus shipping.

Thank you,

Bruce G.
RV8 Fuse

Last edited:
Discovered

1 ea. cable was located in the San Antonio area by George Meketa. Down in the hanger was one waiting for me. Its on its way and checks in the mail. Good bunch of people in this sport. Thanks again George.

Bruce G.
RV8 Fuse