msturgis

Well Known Member
Neat Thunderstorm Photo

I thought I would share this photo a fellow pilot from my airline took today. It was taken while flying into EWR (Newark). It's days like this that you hope your radar is in good working order.

cloud1-copy.jpg

Last edited:
He should submit that photo to the AOPA's photo contest -- they have a weather category.

I love flying between the layers, but in this case I think I would pass. That thing looks hungry!

Very cool picture!

High Res Available?

I thought I would share this photo a fellow pilot from my airline took today. It was taken while flying into EWR (Newark). It's days like this that you hope your radar is in good working order.

cloud1-copy.jpg

Matt,

Awesome pic!! Any chance that you've a high res version to be used for my desktop's wallpaper that you wouldn't mind sharing? If you do, I'd suggest a link to the picture for the sake of modem users.

Thanks,
/\/elson

Matt,

Awesome pic!! Any chance that you've a high res version to be used for my desktop's wallpaper that you wouldn't mind sharing? If you do, I'd suggest a link to the picture for the sake of modem users.

Thanks,
/\/elson

I want one too.

Matt,

Thanks,
/\/elson

David,

I got the photo from a forum used by the pilots at my airline. I will email him and see what he has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked for me

I just right clicked on the photo in this thread, set desktop.

Resolution is just fine.

YMMV

Looks smooth to me

Aww, c'mon guys. Y'all are just a bunch of cry babies!

I think we'd have a smooth ride thru that, don't you? Start the first class service! :eek: