vic syracuse

Well Known Member
I had the opportunity today to inspect and license 2 RV-10's in Atlanta. That's right. Two RV-10's on the same day! Bill Thomasson's at KLZU and Pete Dillard's at KRYY. Pretty cool. I'm sure they will want to tell you about their aircraft, so I will leave that to them. :)

Vic

Last edited:
Thanks Vic

Thanks Vic for doing the inspection and making the process straight forward and not too stressful.:) Vic made the entire process as easy as it could be. (Even if he combined the 2 builders names. It was Bill Thomasson, and Brian Urein that were the Atlanta RV-10 inspections. He got it right on the paperwork, and that is all that matters !

Moved the airplane to LZU from my garage 1 week before the inspection! (Took most of the week off to finish it all up)

Will have a couple days to finish buttoning up the plane and installing the interior. Hope to have the first flight by next weekend.

Weighted in at 1692 lbs, with 6 lbs difference side to side with the right wing being heavier with the AP servo in it. Seams to be a little more tail heavy then some of the other RV-10s. Guess I put the paint on thick. Nose 362, left 662, right 668.
IMG_4316.JPG

Will post some finished pictures once I get the cowl back on.
Total hours so far :2,727

Thanks for all the help I got from other builders in the Atlanta area this week including Gordon, Brian Michael, Brian Urien, Daneil, Steve, and all the others that stopped by and lent a hand in the move and final assembly.

Bill. 99.99% done Pink slip in hand!

Great to hear there is another -10 at KLZU. N415EC is based there too on the north side. I've been there a couple of times to meet w Dave Smith and to work on his plane.

That was the second time I've been able to be a part of an inspection by Vic. I learn a lot every time I'm around him and am immensely impressed with his attention for detail and his knowledge. Highly recommend if anyone ever needs an excellent DAR!! Thank you Vic!

Congrats Bill! When is first flight?

First flight

I am working through a couple outstanding minor issues (Left tip strobe not working) and adjusting the cowl a little to get it to come on and off easier. Hope to have that done and all the access plates buttoned up in the next couple days. First flight should be late this week, or at the latest this Sunday assuming weather cooperates.

Did you get your ring gear back and finish the electronic ignition install?

When do you expect first flight on the one you just got the pink slip for?

Still waiting on ring gear. We hope to get Pete's flying on Sunday or within a couple few days after. Maybe I can get my 10 out to play and we can have all three 10's terrorizing the skies of North GA :cool:

Sounds Great, if the test areas overlap at all

Furthest west my test area is is GQO. At this point I hope to fly either Thursday or Sunday.

Congratulations on the builds I know your proud and although I have sent emails to Vic he is very good to work with.
Smilin' Jack