gereed75

Well Known Member
We have five confirmed Navy painted RV's for residence in our preferred parking, front row along Knapp.

All those who contacted me, I have sent a PM or e-mail. Please check your mailboxes to get the secret password.

In addition, Jeff Point's guys (taxi directors) will be looking for any Navy painted homebuilts and will be directing them to this parking. We have room for about 15 aircraft.

Anyone else please feel free to contact me via PM or this thread. Still have room!!!

Now to find the SOS tent for beer call!!

Gary "Shadow" Reed

Last edited:
I'd love to see some pictures when the Navy-paint scheme RVs are parked.

I'm considering a Navy paint scheme when I (finally) get to that point.

(The fact that my daughter is a Naval Aviator just might have some influence in the matter.) ;)

Cool Tom, thank her for her service from all of us - will you.

I considered a Navy scheme myself but thought it would hurt me later on if I was to sell. Something from Carrier Air Wing 3 when I was aboard the Saratoga. I loved watching flight ops from vultures row.

Ready to rock-n-roll ...

I was planning to wait until Sunday to fly up to OSH to stake out a campsite, but today's weather was beckoning me, so off I went.

I taxied up near the main ramp and parked next to a couple of spam cans. Grabbing my backpack, I trudged the familiar route to Camp Scholler and started looking for an open parcel to claim as mine. Funny how the place can look so forlorn and exciting at the same time with no planes there.

It was as if a rainbow came out of the sky and directed me to the middle of 42nd St. There is was -- the perfect spot. Smack in the middle of the row, away from the noise, traffic and street lights of the roads, it was the only unclaimed site. And, best of all, closer to the camp store and showers than I've EVER been in the last 21 years!

I staked it out and spray painted "FAA" in the middle in hopes of staving off any jerks who decide that they need more room so they'll just take mine. :mad:

Uneventful flight home to find my new tent waiting on the front porch. Test assembled it, and I think it's the largest and lightest tent that I could fit into Smokey.

Looking forward to next weekend!

GO NAVY (I just had to say that) :D

I staked it out and spray painted "FAA" in the middle in hopes of staving off any jerks who decide that they need more room so they'll just take mine.
That's a good trick. But, did you also buy your camping pass and display it in your campsite? If so you should be fine. If not, well, then anyone is well within their rights to take your spot. Sorry, but them's the rules in Camp Scholler.

That's a good trick. But, did you also buy your camping pass and display it in your campsite? If so you should be fine. If not, well, then anyone is well within their rights to take your spot. Sorry, but them's the rules in Camp Scholler.

Yes, of course. Taped to a stake in the center. That's what stinks about someone moving another camper's stakes -- I'm paying dearly for that space.

Heres a little trick we've done for years. Take a can of orange spray paint and spray around the base of your stakes. Makes it easy to see if your stakes have been moved, and makes it easier to negotiate with your "neighbors" or plead your case to security if it comes to that.

To bring it back to the thread subject- GO VANS NAVY!