gereed75

Well Known Member
OK Men, Looking for recruits.

Through the patience and cooperation of Jeff Point, RV guy extraordinaire and coordinator of HB parking at Air Venture, we have an opportunity to participate in the 100 year commemoration of Navy Air!!

Jeff has arranged Ace of the Base parking for 8 -12 RV's right along Knapp adjacent to the Replica Warbirds area. I will prepare a banner to mark off and announce the section.

This will be reserved for RV's (or other home builts) painted in Navy paint schemes.

Interest from several guys has been expressed the last time I floated this idea. All interested PM me. I hope to get the section filled and show the NAVAIR guys how we roll!!

Anyone who reads this and knows of any other Navy commemorative painted RV’s let me know, I’ll try to get word out to who I can.

Thanks Fly Navy Air!!

Last edited:
Gary,

You know I'm interested but my deployment timing is simply too tight to make it to Osh this year...Please send me pictures though!

Fly-Navy!

Spank

Certainly will

Sorry to hear you can't make it. Haze gray and underway!!

My house has not turned into the wind in 25 years.

Fair winds and following seas! Good luck out there!!

It's True!

Rock star parking has been approved! I was up there last week and did some measuring, and we should have room for about 10 RVs on the row along Knapp St., and an additional 5-6 in the row directly behind that (we'll save that for the nose gears.) The Replica Fighters guys are also on board and there may be some joint activities. At the very least you guys should get invited to drink their beer at their banquet.

Although this is smack in the middle of Area 51, aka the Sea of RVs, if you know of any non-RV homebuilts (yes they do exist) in Navy livery who would like to participate, we can accommodate that. I know I've seen at least one Mustang II in warbird paint (can't remember what branch) and a random Pietenpol as well. As long as it's a homebuilt, we can make it work. Have them contact Gary Reed to learn the secret handshake to get in.

Move over, Van's Air Force. Van's Navy is in the house!

Thanks guys

Jeff for the help and the encouragement.

Thanks Doug for catching the post and featuring it on the Home page.

Now c'mon guys, lets get on board.

Calling Tobin, N747JP, N8RV, Dream Squadron, Mark Burns, Zack Spivey, Wayne Petrus, JRDavis, RoDoc, Terry Brennan, Steve Senegal and any others.

We'll even let Bob Mills hang out with us (Dear Bob, bring beer.)

Step up, fall in, sand blowers to the rear!!

Last edited:
I'm in ...

Gary, I'm planning to be there with my RV-8 in VF-84 war paint. It's no show pony, but it looks cool. :D

Thanks guys

Glad you can work it Don. Cool is all that counts.

Iowa- No pics necessary.

Both PM me and I'll fill you in on details.

Gary,
I'm a former squid and have Navy paint on my RV-8, so I'm a double qualifier. I plan to arrive OSH early, probably on Saturday. Will the secret handshake get me in to Navy parking that early?

Looking forward to it.....

Jim Gray
N747JG RV-8
[email protected]

Gary,
I'm a former squid and have Navy paint on my RV-8, so I'm a double qualifier. I plan to arrive OSH early, probably on Saturday. Will the secret handshake get me in to Navy parking that early?

Looking forward to it.....

Jim Gray
N747JG RV-8
[email protected]

Yeah, we can be book ends! Put Jim's Jolly Rogers beauty on one end and mine on the other (that way nobody will compare his award-winning steed with my 50-footer.) :D

Gary,
Yes it will. I'll be up there with my crew and we'll have everything set up by Friday. You may even be one of the first. Saturday is not a big day for arrivals, Sunday is the big day.

Next Year?

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. Can't make it this year, but am planning on 2012. Can we make this an annual event?

NAVY COMMEMORATE RV AT AIR VENTURE

Jeff Point Count me in, I have a RV9A N506M navy paint. Can arrive on friday or saturday.X Navy 3rd crewman VAH9

OK Guys

We are gaining some numbers!!

Naval RVaition is alive!!

I will be in touch with all of you via my regular e-mail. PM is a bit clumsy.

Gary Reed