CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
Just received this in the mail today

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Bill Moffitt ? 1.888.NAVWORX (628-9679), [email protected]

NavWorx? ADS600? and WxBox? Now Include Wi-Fi

ROWLETT, TEXAS, MARCH 23, 2012 ? NavWorx, Inc. announced today the addition of Wi-Fi to its ADS600? and WxBox? line of ADS-B receivers and Universal Access Transceiver (UAT) enabling greater connectivity with display devices. The ADS600? and WxBox? are designed to receive subscription-free aircraft traffic and aviation weather. Wi-Fi is a popular technology that allows an electronic device, such as NavWorx ADS-B equipment, to exchange data wirelessly.

The top-of-the-line NavWorx ADS600-B? transceiver delivers TIS-B traffic and FIS-B weather and flight information to a variety of aircraft electronic displays. It is designed to meet FAA TSO-C154c and is FCC Approved. The company?s WxBox? is an ADS-B receiver that sends the same traffic, weather and flight information wirelessly to a variety of display devices. Both units provide this data subscription-free as part of the nationwide ADS-B aircraft tracking network.

ADS-B brings pilots enhanced situational awareness and improved air traffic safety. The ADS600-B? and WxBox? are designed to capture and display this freely broadcast information directly in the cockpit. The ADS600-B? and WxBox? can be installed on both experimental and certified aircraft when it meets the FAA?s ?portable installation guidelines.?

NavWorx, Inc. is the leader in affordable ADS-B technology. The NavWorx product line consists of the ADS600? and PADS600?, both ADS-B receivers designed for certified, experimental, and light-sport aircraft. The ADS600-B? is a remotely mounted unit designed to meet TSO-C154c UAT ADS-B Equipment Operating on Frequency of 978 MHz, pending FAA TSO. The ADS600-B? takes full advantage of the free broadcast of traffic and weather under the FAA-mandated NexGen ADS-B network.

For further information, contact NavWorx, Inc. at 3906 Industrial St, Suite 100, Rowlett, TX 75088; call 1-888-628-9679; or log on to www.navworx.com.

? NavWorx ?

Not really new. Bill's been sort of supporting wifi for almost a year. The problem is applications that run on the iPad that support the NavWorx data stream. From what I hear some fare better than others.

The new software release is supposed to make things easier to configure. Although most folks that reach this stage of the build, the configuration isn't really a big deal.

bob

I wonder if they are building it in now, or if its still a stand alone module.

Asked Foreflight and they were non-commital about support for it.

I wonder if they are building it in now, or if its still a stand alone module.

Asked Foreflight and they were non-commital about support for it.

When I talked with Bill last week, it was still the external serail device.

Hilton gives a similiar comment. I suspect that it's just Bill attempting to reverse engineer other's applications to get things to work.

Hilton told me that they would be happy to provide total integration if Bill would provide them a test unit. It's unclear to me why he hasn't taken them up on that offer. To me, it would drive additional sales.

bob

Navworx & Foreflight...

I really really want to see Foreflight be compatible with Navworx. That would make the Navworx transceiver a one shop stop with traffic on my EFIS & weather on the iPad... a PERFECT combo.

Come on guys... it's the perfect synergy!